Keith Jack Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'd Do Anything

+18
lavender1
josie_jatatcdc
KrazyKid500
*Hayley*
ag066
Ceri
Emma
meganbabyy
rebeccalee
Shannon_Superstar
Suzanne
xsmileX
demonllama
Jessie
Good Thomas
alices-are-sweet
XxnaomikjxX
Annabel
22 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

I'd Do Anything - Page 10 Empty Re: I'd Do Anything

Post by *Hayley* Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 am

Its still all about Jessie!!

Although i agree Sam is amazing! Damn we're gunna miss the final!!
*Hayley*
*Hayley*
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

http://www.myspace.com/keithjackstreetteam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tue May 27, 2008 11:27 am

I disagree!!! Jessie & Sam definitely shouldn't win IMO Razz
Jessie
Jessie
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 pm

My friend gave me a ticket to go to the final! Hopefully I'll get in!!
Jessie
Jessie
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by XxnaomikjxX Sat May 31, 2008 2:37 am

oooooo your so lucky
XxnaomikjxX
XxnaomikjxX
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT

https://keithjack.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan Sat May 31, 2008 2:57 am

I was in Blackpool yesterday and outside the tower there were a few people with banners saying vote for Jodie and handing out leaflets. I like her though think she would do a good job, may get to watch it tonight while I am doing the dreaded ironing .
Jan
Jan
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinea Sat May 31, 2008 8:38 am

I really want Jessie or Jodie to win, I've supported both of them from the beginning!
Sinea
Sinea
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?Page=Profile_jsp&MID=367137231&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabel Sat May 31, 2008 9:56 am

I'm hoping Jodie wins. Very Happy
Annabel
Annabel
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinea Sat May 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Only down to Jessie and Jodie now!
Sinea
Sinea
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?Page=Profile_jsp&MID=367137231&M

Back to top Go down

Post by XxnaomikjxX Sat May 31, 2008 2:30 pm

YAAAAYYYYY JODIE WON
XxnaomikjxX
XxnaomikjxX
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT

Back to top Go down

Post by xsmileX Sat May 31, 2008 7:58 pm

whoop jodie ;D Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
xsmileX
xsmileX
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:12 am

OMG! I was so scared!! We were at the final!!!! It was so amazing & Ben & Lewis & Chris C were all there, chatting up the Nancy's Laughing Razz
Yay Jodie!!!
Jessie
Jessie
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grannieannie Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:29 am

Well, Saturday nights won't be the same! For me, Jodie stood out from day one as Nancy material. I think that Jessie has amazing talent - but we have to remember that this isn't a talent contest but a role casting show. If Jessie does as well as Keith has in the last year, she won't be doing too badly. Will I go to see 'Oliver!'? Probably not - doesn't appeal in quite the same way as Joseph did - but I'm sure it will be a huge success. Congratulations to Jodie, Jessie and Sam - I'm sure each will have a hugely successful career, albeit in possibly different ways.
Grannieannie
Grannieannie
I Love Keith
I Love Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by XxnaomikjxX Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 am

Jessie wrote:OMG! I was so scared!! We were at the final!!!! It was so amazing & Ben & Lewis & Chris C were all there, chatting up the Nancy's Laughing Razz
Yay Jodie!!!

your so lucky 2 see lewis hes LUSH i love him actually there all LUSH
XxnaomikjxX
XxnaomikjxX
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT

Back to top Go down

Post by halfpint Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:36 am

Yeah Jessie and Sam will both be snapped up for other shows very soon.

Jessie - you are soo lucky to get to go, I applied for tickets but wasn't lucky enough!
halfpint
halfpint
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by XxnaomikjxX Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:38 am

awww bless i wish i could of went but its to far away
XxnaomikjxX
XxnaomikjxX
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:41 am

Nice one Jessie - we looked out for you, but didn't spot you. Are you sure LEWIS was chatting up a Nancy tho? Haha.

As for Jodie winning ... ugh. So not going to see the show. Jessie - ALW's not going to let her get away. He's already got her in something else and personally I think he's glad she didn't win Nancy because he wanted her for his own show.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:52 am

Yup! Niamh! Laughing I was behind the Nancy's up the top, we had a good view of the Joes, it was so fun!
Jessie
Jessie
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grannieannie Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:30 am

So what has ALW lined up for Jessie? I thought that both his and Camerone Mackintosh's comments on the result were well rehearsed - neither actually said they were glad that Jodie had won. Would love to see Jessie onstage in something - she would be (almost) as good as Keith ...
Grannieannie
Grannieannie
I Love Keith
I Love Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by lavender1 Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:07 am

i was gutted for Jessie hopefully she will be offerred something fantastic
Jessies performance moved me to tears,and i wish her all the best i would hope she will be in something before long,i would definately go to see a show she was in.

lavender1

Back to top Go down

Post by Grannieannie Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:27 am

What about something with her and Keith in it?? How great would that be?
Grannieannie
Grannieannie
I Love Keith
I Love Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:03 am

Hi lavender1 :>

Article from the Daily Mail about Jodie, Jessie and Sam over the last couple of days:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1023283/A-tale-Nancys-Jodies-joy-shock-win--tears-judges-favourite-Jessie.html

A tale of two Nancys: Jodie's joy after her shock win... but tears for judges' favourite Jessie
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:45 PM on 02nd June 2008

Comments (0) Add to My Stories

Former cruise ship singer Jodie Prenger , 28, looked overjoyed a day after people power landed her the part of Nancy in the forthcoming West End revival of Oliver!

With a wide smile on her face, she arrived to collect her things and start her new life in London as Sir Andrew Lloyd-Webber's leading lady.

But Jessie Buckley, the clear-cut choice of both Sir Andrew Lloyd-Webber and show producer Cameron Mackintosh - two of theatreland's most powerful people - still looked as inconsolable as she did on Saturday following her defeat in the public vote.

Walking around the courtyard at the Nancys home, where they stayed for the duration of the competition, a tearful Jessie, 18, failed to be comforted by her phonecall and was clearly still raw after the devastating loss.

Scroll down for more

Chuffed: 'I'd Do Anything' winner Jodie Prenger, looked over the moon yesterday, despite not getting the backing of Sir Andrew Lloyd-Webber or show producer Cameron Mackintosh

Tearful: The 18-year-old from Ireland looked tearful as she talked on her mobile in the grounds of the Nancy house following her devastating loss

Despite, Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Oliver! producer Cameron Mackintosh making it clear they preferred finalist Jessie, Miss Prenger, 28, sobbed with joy after she was announced as the winner of the public vote in the final of BBC1's I'd Do Anything show on Saturday.

Asked before the vote was announced who was 'their' Nancy, both Sir Andrew and Mr Mackintosh - who wasn't a judge on the show - opted for the 18-year-old from County Kerry following her stunning performances on the night.

But despite the vote of no confidence, Jodie said proving them wrong gave her extra motivation. She told The Mirror: "It gave me more fire in my belly.

"I'll fight to prove to Cameron that I can be his Nancy and that I will give him the best Nancy he has ever seen."

Scroll down for more

The new Nancy: Winner Jodie Prenger was completely shocked after she was announced as the winner...

...but the runner-up was soon in floods of tears as her defeat sank in

Overjoyed: Presenter Graham Norton congratulated the new stage star on her win

More...
The judge's favourites: Simon Cowell picks his Britain's Got Talent winners

When host Graham Norton announced she was the winner. She could barely speak, before managing to say: 'All you guys, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I'm just so chuffed.'

Her story was perhaps the most compelling of all the 12 original Nancy wannabes to make it onto the live show.

Size 14 Jodie , who was working as a weight-loss agony aunt, won Living TV's Biggest Loser by slimming from 20st to nine in six months.

Lord Lloyd-Webber claimed after the result was announced: 'It was always going to be the people's choice.'

While Mackintosh, who earlier in the week cuttingly dismissed Miss Prenger as 'too big' for the role, added: 'I'm thrilled for Jodie. Congratulations.'

Scroll down for more

Biggest loser: Jodie shed 10st in reality show the biggest loser, giving her the confidence to reach for her dream

Theatre impresario Cameron had said he felt she was too fat for the physically demanding role.

But today Jodie responded: 'I'm a size 14, an average woman. Nowt special. Whatever size you are, it doesn't matter as long as you're healthy and happy.

'But I've been through it - I've been size 26 and have gone through turmoil. But I don't want to make a huge issue out of it. That's what upsets women.

'Ok, I'm never going to be a size zero - the closest I'll get to that is my shoe size. But before I came into this I was jogging five miles every other day. I can do it, don't worry.'

Scroll down for more

Dream come true: Jodie can't quite believe it, after she is announced as the winner of the coveted West End role

Winner Jodie was the first to console competitor Jessie...

In the early part of the show, the three finalists sang solo and then performed with one of the three boys already selected to play the role of Oliver.

Samantha Barks, 17, was eliminated in the first round of voting, meaning Miss Prenger and Miss Buckley went head to head.

Miss Prenger sang Whitney Houston hit I Have Nothing while her fellow finalist sang The Man That Got Away - their favourite out of songs they have performed during the series.

They then had to sing Nancy's solo - I'd Do Anything - one after another before the final public vote was counted and the winner announced.

Miss Prenger had been the favourite to win, with Miss Buckley receiving more and more criticism from the judges in the last few rounds.

Scroll down for more

Grace under pressure: Samantha Barks accepted defeat gracefully, and looked in pretty good spirits as she arrived to move out of the Nancy house

It's all over: Samantha takes the news gracefully

But Miss Buckley put in two barnstorming performances in the final, so much so that both the 'Lord' and Mr Mackintosh said it was her they wanted as their Nancy.

The public, however, did not agree and it was Miss Prenger's name that was read out by host Graham Norton.

Miss Prenger will now have six months of intense rehearsals before Oliver! hits the West End stage.

Three young actors, Harry Stott, 12, and Gwion Jones and Laurence Jeffcoate, both 11, will rotate in the title role.

And comic star Rowan Atkinson will star as Fagin. Previews begin on December 12 with the show scheduled to open on January 14.

Enlarge Say goodbye: Jessie and Jodie take Samantha's 'Nancy' pendant

THE TWO WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING - AND THE ONE WHO SUCCEEDED

THIRD RUNNER UP: Samantha Barks

The story so far: Samantha moved away from the Isle of Man when she was 16 and is currently studying in London. Despite being the show's youngest contestant, she is no stranger to performing. She recently entered a Maltese TV International Song competition and won, before releasing an album, Looking in Your Eyes. She has also supported the Sugababes and Matt Willis on the Isle of Man. Samantha, whose hero is Catherine Zeta Jones, has captured the eyes of the judges after performing in hotpants, a minidress and thigh-high boots.

What the judges say: 'I just know you've got a huge career ahead of you.'

The judges still tip Samantha for a huge musical career

SECOND RUNNER-UP: Jessie Buckley

The story so far: Jessie is from Co Kerry in Ireland. She has been performing since the age of 7, when she starred in a school production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. However, despite her early promise, Jessie was turned down for a place at two London drama schools and ended up working as a waitress. Encouraged by her musical parent, she has impressed judges with her singing and dancing, with Lloyd Webber marking her out as an 'extraordinary performer'.

What the judges say: 'Jessie has the qualities Nancy needs - defiance and tenderness.'

Jessie was both Sir Andrew and Cameron Mackintosh's choice for Nancy

THE WINNER: Jodie Prenger

The story so far: Jodie began singing in local cabaret bars in her hometown of Blackpool before forging a career performing on cruise ships. She announced herself to the public by winning the second series of TV dieting show Britain's Biggest Loser in 2006. Initially entering the show as a size 26 she is no a slender size 14. However, judge Andrew Lloyd Webber has revealed that the show's producer Cameron Mackintosh had questioned if she was slim enough to win the part of Nancy.

What the judges say: 'She is destined for the West End.'

Victorious: Jodie Prenger will be the one treading the boards in six months time
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Grannieannie Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:27 am

Anyone know what the actual votes cast for the finalists were? It would be interesting to see how close/far apart they were (viewers in R.o.I. were unable to vote). Also, just wondered how far apart Lee and Keith were in last year's final (not that I'm a cynic, you understand ...)
Grannieannie
Grannieannie
I Love Keith
I Love Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by XxnaomikjxX Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:39 am

im not sure if they said it
XxnaomikjxX
XxnaomikjxX
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT
5 STARS MEANS I'M GREAT

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabel Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:21 am

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=207&story=E8821212418008&title=Gorman%2C+Bleach+%26+Leach+Join+75-strong+Oliver+Cast

Gorman, Bleach & Leach Join 75-strong Oliver Cast
Date: 2nd June 2008

After Jodie Prenger won the role of Nancy in Oliver! in the Saturday’s finale of I’d Do Anything (See Today’s Other News), show producer Cameron Mackintosh has this afternoon confirmed further casting for the production, which opens on 14 January 2009 (previews from 12 December 2008) at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane (See News, 26 Mar 2008).

As previously tipped (See The Goss, 13 May 2008), Burn Gorman (pictured) will play Bill Sikes, the abusive and thieving boyfriend of Prenger’s Nancy. Though Oliver! will mark Gorman’s musical debut, it won’t be his first go at Charles Dickens. He appeared in the 2005 BBC adaptation of Bleak House. His other screen credits include Torchwood (alongside I’d Do Anything judge John Barrowman), Layer Cake, Colour Me Kubrick and the upcoming Bonekickers. On stage, he’s been seen in Mark Ravenhill’s Pool (no water) and Shoot/Get Treasure/Repeat cycle.

Others also newly confirmed for the musical’s 75-strong company are Julian Bleach (Shockheaded Peter and, most recently, Antony and Cleopatra and The Tempest for the RSC) as Mr Sowerberry and stage veteran Rosemary Leach (whose recent credits include The Shell Seekers and The Old Ladies) as Mrs Bedwin.

The new cast members join the previously announced Rowan Atkinson as Fagin and, as chosen by Mackintosh and I’d Do Anything judge Andrew Lloyd Webber as part of the TV series (See News, 27 May 2008), the three boys who will alternate in the title role: Gwion Jones, Harry Stott and Laurence Jeffcoate. Open auditions are being held in London on 14 June 2008 to find the Artful Dodger and other members of Fagin’s gang.

Oliver! will be directed by Rupert Goold, based on Sam Mendes’ 1994 staging at the London Palladium. Goold will be joined by two key members of Mendes’ original creative team, Matthew Bourne, who will co-direct and choreograph the new outing, and set designer Anthony Ward. Lighting is by Paule Constable, sound by Paul Groothuis, orchestrations by William D Brohn and musical supervision by Martin Koch. Mendes’ production ran for 1,366 performances from December 1994 to February 1998 at the Palladium, where it grossed more than £40 million.

Lionel Bart’s 1960 musical is based on Charles Dickens’ literary classic Oliver Twist and, beyond its theatre fanbase, found legions of fans from the 1968 film version starring Mark Lester as Oliver, Shani Wallis as Nancy, Ron Moody as Fagin, Jack Wild as the Artful Dodger and Oliver Reed as Bill Sikes. The score includes now-famous songs including “Consider Yourself”, “It’s a Fine Life”, “As Long as He Needs Me”, “Oom-pah-pah”, “Food, Glorious Food”, “I’d Do Anything” and the title song. The stage production is presented by Mackintosh in association with the Southbrook Group Limited.
Annabel
Annabel
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum