Keith Jack Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack

+14
x-Lucy-x
*Hayley*
Grannieannie
Wonky Johnny
demonllama
laura
josie_jatatcdc
Suzanne
Grandma Smith
x-vicki-x
New Holland
Jessie
Dutchlass
Rosefire
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack Empty Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack

Post by Rosefire Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:44 am

Part I

It’s 11 AM and I’m in my office building in New York City. I’ve sent e-mails, shuffled papers, and am working on a computer project while trying to distract myself from a question that’s been nagging the past 4 days: why haven't they called me? Just as I am about to get my hopes up and throw in the towel, my cell phone rings.

It’s a long distance number. My heart starts to race.

I pick it up and run into a spare room saying, “Bean Bags are Us. How can I help you?” Then I shut the door to get some privacy. It's cool, dark, and quiet. I think I'm in the Twilight Zone.

A voice on the other end asks for Esther from the Keith Jack forum. My voice gets serious and I blurt out-
Me: “You’re sh!tting me.”
Response: “I sh!t you not. There’s somebody to speak to you.”

There is some scuffling in the background and a new voice comes on. It's a voice that until now I've only heard on youtube. I cannot believe that Scottish sound is coming through my cell phone. No way. No freakin' way.
“Esther?”
Shocked
“Who is this?”
“It’s Keith.”
“Keith…Keith Jack.”
“Yeah.”
“How do I know you’re the real Keith and not an imposter?” (I am grinning like crazy by now.)
“Eeehm….you came to Edinburgh in January, stayed in a hotel, you spoke to Lesley.”
“Oooh, that Keith!” I promptly burst out laughing and land in a chair.

My heartbeat changes from the tomtom to a steady samba and my legs are quivering like jelly. Yes my friends, the phone call at last. I sat down and started talking this boy’s ears off because I was so excited and nervous. You’ll forgive me for not giving Keith a moment to talk but there was so much I wanted to tell him!!

I started off by apologizing to Keith as I had just sent heated messages to the moderators thinking they had forgotten me. “No no, we hadn’t forgotten you!” Keith assured me quickly He said they needed to wait for the right time because at the moment they were…… in a recording studio in Glasgow!

“Would you like to hear a song?” he offered me. Does a woman love chocolate? The phone line altered and I heard the melody of a lovely ballad coming from the receiver. Keith said Greg, his album producer, had written it along with several new songs for the album. I asked what other songs would be on it and Keith said there would be a few covers of originals and possibly “You Raise Me Up” but not “This is the Moment” because Craig covers it on the Dream On CD.

I gave over everyone’s love from the forum--I don't think he knows how excited his fans are!! He assured me that he would give everyone an update in the near future as there would be some good news next week but they were waiting for plans to be confirmed. Very Happy

“You don’t know how weird it is to hear your voice,” I told him. “All this time I see tiny clips of you online and to see any of the Josephs in real life; it’s quite scary for me!! I can’t believe you’re real!” I sounded so hyper and crazy that it’s a miracle if he doesn’t think I’m a nutter! But he laughed and I hope he was amused. “You’re a celebrity!” I added. I think this young man is still a bit dazed with all of the attention and I’m sure the other 11 Joseph candidates must feel the same way after going from standard performers to television icons.

Me: Is this being recorded?
Keith: What? No no, we’re in a studio.
Me: Good. I can’t record this conversation for the girls, I’m not the CIA!

We launched into some questions and I said I wanted to overlook the trivial ones like what kind of toothpaste or socks Keith uses. “Normal black socks,” he informed me. :rolleyes: There were some good questions on his fan forum and I wrote them down:

"If you got the chance to star on Torchwood would you do it?”
Keith said he’d definitely like to and he’s tried to get into the show before. Hmm, methinks the Keithettes should implore to the immortal Mr. John Barrowman for some assistance in this matter. “What if you were some alien prodigy or a possessed victim?” I added. He responded with “anything”. I suggested he could play the van for starters.

Josie asked would be like to be in “Starlight Express”? Keith said yes, he’d love to play Rusty and it’s a favorite of his. I cringed over the roller skating bits but he said they’d put you through 3 months of training to get the right choreography….and he already knows how to roller skate!

Can you do an American accent?
He said a few words that would definitely pass as a standard college frat boy and then we both dabbled over the correction pronunciation of “Chicago”. “Cheee-ceah-go” goes Keith and I insist it’s pronounced “Shi-coh-g’oh”. But it’s very odd hearing him talk like that instead of clockstop Scottish accent. I’d like to hear more impersonations.

Did anything crazy happen during the Joseph tour?
He said yes and mentioned one time he ran offstage sick, used a bucket, and ran back on stage. Another time the choir kids were sick or there was some fire (!!) in the back of the theatre and they pulled down the curtain. I was surprised they’d continue but “the show must go on!” I informed him if there was a stage malfunction on Broadway then they would not continue. People would be concerned about being sued or getting a poor review so they would likely stop the show and refund the customers. There’s no excuse for error on Broadway and if people pay the best then they expect the best. Just a taste of what he’d have to expect if he came here!

Last edited by Rosefire on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack Empty Re: Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack

Post by Dutchlass Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:01 am

Hey Rosefire,

Brilliant brilliant brilliant!!!

I can't get on DS at the moment, so I thought I had a look on here first, and what a great surprise. You must be bouncing!!!

I'm absolutely thrilled for you!!!

Can't wait to read part 2.
Dutchlass
Dutchlass
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack Empty Re: Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack

Post by Rosefire Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 am

Actually, Dutchlass I want to apologize for my behavior. Embarassed I’m rather ashamed of myself. I’ve been very huffy and impatient the last four days and sent some heated messages to Wonky Johnny to know what’s going on.

I don’t want WJ or KJ to think I’m some rude annoying American demanding results from Keith or his agents. But I was kept in the dark for a while and my impatience got to me. I hope this didn’t annoy WJ or KJ too much or get the wrong impression. I am moved to know they had arranged this little meeting.

Any Ring Will Do: My Conversation With Keith Jack

Part II

At some point I glanced at my notes and mentioned his constant marriage proposals including one from a 9-year-old girl. "Oh that!" and he started laughing. Can't remember what Keith said but I think it's been amusing to know he has been a source of female affection for some time now.

Alices-Are-Sweet asked if being on ADWD was the most important and exciting moment of his life?
“Yup,” said Keith. And what doors of opportunity have opened up recently? He said there was going to be an upcoming film festival were he’d be meeting George Clooney and Keira Knightly!!! Shocked I asked if he was a little scared to be meeting such famous actors and he said "maybe a little" but they were both nice people. He didn't sound too fazed about it. “Just be your usual charming self and make sure they don’t take you back to Hollywood,” I teased.

(Oh lord, I cannot believe I said that to him. I AM a nutter.)

Annable asked what was the funniest moment on ADWD and did the boys play jokes on each other?
He said yes, they most certainly did! They’d play jokes from time to time and wind each other up during rehearsals. (Didn't they wrap Lewis up in duct tape?) But some occurances were not intentional. Keith said once Daniel accidentally opened a door and it knocked Keith hard on the head! bounce He couldn’t see for a few minutes and they even called in a nurse to make sure it wasn’t too serious. A concussion, ouch! But he must have gotten better because the Josephs went on stage as planned only Keith’s singing line was altered. Keith said he recently saw Daniel in Avenue Q and enjoyed it very much. So no hard feelings.

There was so much more I wanted to ask him but it was time to part company. (Something about charge in pounds for long distance calls) I did thank Keith for his time and concluded by saying, “Just be yourself and keep singing because your fans are backing you up. I can see you lighting up West End and Broadway." I can’t remember what he said after that but he did say he wants to come to New York for a holiday. Not sure when because he is going to be very busy for the rest of the year but perhaps in 2009. Christmas in New York is a sight to behold.

There were mutual exchanges on both ends and we parted in company.

That, my friends, is my phone call with the extraordinary Mr. Keith Jack. And Wonky Johnny will have to delete his mailbox very soon. *blushes* I’m reflecting on the matter and I still think he’s a bit dazed from all this attention over the last 12 months. It’s a lot to sink into. When the country is beating a path to your door it’s a tough balance not to get carried up in the attention while at the same time doing the best you can on stage.

I cannot imagine what goes on behind the scenes or how much work Keith Jack has ahead of him. So Keith if you’re reading this, I do thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak to me and please remember that your fans are here to support you all the way.

All the best
Wink

Last edited by Rosefire on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:26 am

Yay Esther!! Very Happy I'm glad you got your phonecall, and it was a long one!!
Thanks for sharing
xxxx
Jessie
Jessie
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchlass Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 am

Hi Rosefire,

This is so amazing, and don't be ashamed! We all know Keith is a very busy young man this last year, with surely a lot on his mind. You being a little impatient is only due to your nerves of waiting I am sure!! Reading about it all I think you did perfectly, well done!!
So happy it all worked out.

And very well said; we're here to support Keith all the way!!
Dutchlass
Dutchlass
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by New Holland Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi Rosefire.

What an amazing phonecall and you did soo... well.
Thank you for sharing !!!

New Holland
I Love Keith
I Love Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by x-vicki-x Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Wow sounds brill rosefire
x-vicki-x
x-vicki-x
Mod
Mod

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=756220610

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosefire Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:56 pm

Oh yes, and I apologize for not asking about "Only the Brave". There were a lot of things I wanted to ask him but you tend go to into "space out" mode at a time like this and only remember what you wanted to say later on.

But I did pass on the message that several of the girls would be there on OTB's opening night. Wish I could've asked him about Niamh Perry co-starring because I think those two would be amazing together on stage, having seen them dance on "I'd Do Anything".

No time for dicussions on green tights, silver trousers, or bowling-head 40's haircuts. Wink Next winner gets to ask those questions!

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandma Smith Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Very well done Rosefire.....at last your heart can go back to beating regular time now and you won't jump every time the phone rings...... Surprised

You handled phone call so well and remembered everything to perfection.....something to remember always.....

Don't worry about houding WJ as I am sure that he is used to it from Keith's adoring fans....... Wink
Grandma Smith
Grandma Smith
Super Fan
Super Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzanne Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Way to go Rosefire!!! I alway's smile when i think back to meeting Keith. He is such a genuine person. He always looks amazed by the attention he get's lol. and why not get attention, with a voice like his!!!
Well done Rosefire and thankyou for sharing your call, loved any ring will do!! OH yeah..lookie over there..this will be my 1500 post!!!!!
Suzanne
Suzanne
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by josie_jatatcdc Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:32 pm

it sounds like you in joyed it and i did not inspect you to ask my question about starlight express Very Happy

josie

xx
josie_jatatcdc
josie_jatatcdc
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Location : grays , essex , but spends most of time in southend or Scotland

http://www.myspace.com/josie__1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosefire Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:35 pm

josie_jatatcdc wrote:it sounds like you in joyed it and i did not inspect you to ask my question about starlight express Very Happy

josie

xx

Well I thought it was a very good question (and at least we know about his socks!) especially since that great duet of "Only He". Keith said he would enjoy being Rusty and I'm sure we'd love to see it someday. I for one am grateful they did NOT have to wear roller skates to perform on ADWD!!

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by josie_jatatcdc Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Rosefire wrote:
josie_jatatcdc wrote:it sounds like you in joyed it and i did not inspect you to ask my question about starlight express Very Happy

josie

xx

Well I thought it was a very good question (and at least we know about his socks!) especially since that great duet of "Only He". Keith said he would enjoy being Rusty and I'm sure we'd love to see it someday. I for one am grateful they did NOT have to wear roller skates to perform on ADWD!!

yer starlight express is one of the show that i love that alw did i love it along with Joseph and cats and it would be great to see him as rusty . well he could play rusty if thay ever holed ordishons for the uk tour gen but thats if thay ever do starlight express uk gen Smile

josie

xx
josie_jatatcdc
josie_jatatcdc
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Location : grays , essex , but spends most of time in southend or Scotland

http://www.myspace.com/josie__1234

Back to top Go down

Post by laura Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:55 pm

sounds like you had fun talking to keith and thanks for sharing it with us all
and i couldn't of said it better we are all here to support keith and and think we always will be
laura x
laura
laura
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

http://www.LaUrA4891.bebo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Phew!!!!! I'm glad it happened for you! I've just checked my inbox ... my eyeballs are on FIYAH! LOLOL :>>>>>>>>> You have to remember Johnny and Keith work on BOY TIME!!!!!!!!!! You certainly kept your head :> Thanks for letting us all know how it went daaaahn! Xxxxxxxxxxxx
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Here's our side of the story...

First of all, we were a day or 2 late in phoning because we made a "no mobiles" rule in the studio. Its an expensive place to be and mobiles are a costly distraction at times. When we left the studio it was normally a mad dash to get the train home and didn't want to call from the train in case we got cut off. Fair excuse?

But we'd always planned to call today. I'd checked with one of the album's producer about when would be best (and cheapest) to call NY as he's from there. "Mobiles cost a fortune but if you're only on for 5 mins it'll be cool".

So we dialled the lonnnnng number. . .
'Hi Bean Bags Are Us' Smile (I wish I got to say that everytime I answered a call)

Once I'd said hello I passed her over to Keith. Keith remembered her from Edinburgh which was a nice start. We'd thought about some questions and things to say just in case Rosefire was shy or quiet so it wouldn't be awkward. As if!! Smile Smile Smile

25 minutes later.....

Keith came off the phone looking like he'd been grilled by the FBI and said "She's Nuts!" Smile

The only time Rosefire paused for breath was when Keith played a bit of the track that we'd been working on. Its a track called "I'll Alwys Here Your Voice" and its probably Keith's favourite from the album. I'll explain more another day but suffice to say, the song is a bit special.

We eventually had to get back to "work" but it was a light moment to break up the day in a sweaty studio. And calling New York made it more exciting although I'm not looking forward to getting my bill from Orange next month!

The answers to the missing questions:
The silver trousers? He told a school the other day that they were the most embarrassing thing he's ever worn.

Green tights? Is this for Peter Pan? At first, the design didn't include tights but I think they've changed it since Keith signed up for the part.

Haircut: Keith got a haircut on Saturday morning. It looked like the hairdresser moved it rather than cut it. Like most guys, I didn't notice the "huge difference."

OTB: he's sitting in on auditions this weekend and is really looking forward to the show. Niamh's his love interest in OTB and he's not exactly upset about that although he's nervous about his first on stage kiss.

Posts: He'll be on to post in the next week with some news about the album.

23.28hrs. Long day. Nighty night

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosefire Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Wonky Johnny wrote:'Hi Bean Bags Are Us' Smile (I wish I got to say that everytime I answered a call)
Actually that's not the name of my office. I work for a non-profit that raises money for science institutions. I use "Bean Bags Are Us" when anonymous people call. And it's more fun to say.

Wonky Johnny wrote:'Hi Once I'd said hello I passed her over to Keith. Keith remembered her from Edinburgh which was a nice start. We'd thought about some questions and things to say just in case Rosefire was shy or quiet so it wouldn't be awkward. As if!! Smile Smile Smile
Oh really? What did you want to ask me? Smile (I can be shy and quiet but not this time...)

Wonky Johnny wrote:'Hi Keith came off the phone looking like he'd been grilled by the FBI and said "She's Nuts!" Smile
Yes, I am nuts. Peanut butter rocky road chocolate chip espresso covered coffee bean nuts. Welcome to New York, boys!!

Wonky Johnny wrote:Its a track called "I'll Alwys Here Your Voice" and its probably Keith's favourite from the album. I'll explain more another day but suffice to say, the song is a bit special.
Awww, sweet. I was chuffed to hear it.

Wonky Johnny wrote:The silver trousers? He told a school the other day that they were the most embarrassing thing he's ever worn..
ROFL!! Really? I thought we kind of liked them... Wink

Wonky Johnny wrote:Green tights? Is this for Peter Pan? At first, the design didn't include tights but I think they've changed it since Keith signed up for the part...
Yup, green tights for Peter Pan. I wonder what the design looks like now. Hmmm, so Keith can roller skate and fly. Now all he needs to do is take up fencing.

Wonky Johnny wrote:Niamh's his love interest in OTB and he's not exactly upset about that although he's nervous about his first on stage kiss.
Oh I wouldn't worry about that. I think ticket sales just doubled from hearing that bit of news. Cool

Thank you, WJ and Keith, for putting up with my antics and answering those unspoken questions. I think I'd better stay on this side of the pond so I won't scare Keith anymore. Tell me Keith, who's scarier? ALW when he's angry or Rosefire when she's hyper? bounce

Last edited by Rosefire on Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchlass Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi WJ,

Thank you for 'your side of the story'.

What's going on in that recording studio? More new songs, and a new special one? I hope to hear about the releasedate very soon.
It must be pretty amazing, I can't wait to put my order!
Dutchlass
Dutchlass
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosefire Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:32 pm

I'm ashamed now that I know what was keeping them. No cell phones in the studio is a more-than-valid excuse. Embarassed (And all this time I thought it was the weevils....)

Should've asked if the album is going to be on itunes.

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzanne Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:10 am

LOL, i live a saga....can we have more phones call please to add, Twisted Evil i'm sure Rosefire or any of the other gals on here wouldn't mind, Very Happy ......Don't worry about the phone bill WJ, just think when Keith is a mega star you helped to get him there and you will tingle with delight. Razz And all those adoring fan's will love you too, Twisted Evil (do we need to widen the door's yet) anyway, WJ and Keith you two are daft....you could have nipped down to my place and rang from here, it's only 2p a min from my house phone to America and you could have chatted and chatted, well Rosefire could have and laughed and Keith could have been amused Laughing and the any ring will do story would be longer. I love you
Suzanne
Suzanne
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Grannieannie Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:44 am

I've got an even better deal on calls - the tariff I have means you can chat free for up to an hour!! Any time you want to make a call, Boy Wonder, just head in my direction! Seriously, though, Rosefire - thank you for sharing with us. I would have probably forgotten everything I wanted to ask, or else sounded totally stupid.
Grannieannie
Grannieannie
I Love Keith
I Love Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:36 am

Just shows you're passionate about Keith, Rosefire! :>

Keith mentioned the smooching on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDIr-1CUF4Q

And we all went "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU".
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosefire Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:04 am

demonllama wrote:Just shows you're passionate about Keith, Rosefire! :>
I'm feeling more chuffed than passionate, Demonllama. Hope I didn't scare him off for good! I'll make it up to the boys. I promise.

demonllama wrote:
Keith mentioned the smooching on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDIr-1CUF4Q

And we all went "UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU".
Rofl!! A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. After the bounciness of "Joseph" it'll be nice to see him in a serious role.

You ladies also noted on his removal of the jacket. ^^ I didn't dare ask him on the phone if he's been working out but I've noticed a difference in pictures since ADWD. The boy's got biceps!

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:55 am

If you're worried about her, I can vouch for Rosefire's...sanity! Laughing She's loverly!
And this thread is a good giggle Very Happy
xx
Jessie
Jessie
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosefire Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 am

Thank you, Jessie. You'll have to vouch again the next time you run into Keith. And no, I won't make him sing "Lullaby of Broadway" though I'm sure he'd do an amazing job at it!

Rosefire
OMG KEITH!!!
OMG KEITH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next