Keith Jack Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonky's Weekly Update....

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wonky's Weekly Update.... Empty Wonky's Weekly Update....

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:48 pm

No one but Wonky Johnny may post in here.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Wonky's Weekly Update.... Empty Re: Wonky's Weekly Update....

by Wonky Johnny on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Here's the news...

The album is finished!!!!

almost

There's just one extra track that we decided to add on at a very late stage but I think when I'm able to tell you what it is, you'll think its worth it.

Keith's recorded all his vocal parts and they sound great. It now just needs mixed (technical term for finished) and then mastered (technical term for polished off!). The songs sound fantastic. Mainly original songs, written by some great song writers including a few co written by Keith as well as one or two covers. There's lots of nice strings, pianos, choirs, etc. You'll love it! The release date has still to be confirmed but in an ideal world it would be before OTB. Fingers crossed please.

And before this hits the shops, work will begin on a second album which should be out before the end of the year. So you have 2 albums before Christmas.

Tour: we are hopefull of putting together 2 tours to promote the album. The first will be a series of instore performances probably in September and this will be followed by a proper tour with live band etc in October. We are trying to also put on 2 one off gigs either side of the border in August.

And finally: Keith climbed Arthur's Seat last night and was KNACKERED by time he got back down - in the dark! And today we managed to get the schools mixed up and went into the wrong school. We were sitting in the staff room having tea by ourselves when I realized we were at the wrong school. We'd felt that the welcome was a bit low key We felt like total plonkers when we signed out. The REAL school had made great cakes and the 2 LARGE bits of carmel cake that Keith had, put him off lunch - which was handy as it was my turn to pay

That's yer lot.
WJ
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Here's the latest...

The gig last Friday was great. A childrens festival in Bo'ness. Around 4,000 people sitting around the grass watching Keith sing 3 songs (You Raise Me Up, Everytime I Look at You and Any Dream Will Do). If the Lauder event is anything like this, it'll be great. He's doing around 40 mins at Lauder.

Slightly less hectic this week. Keith's down in the big smoke for Only The Brave rehearsals. He's doing a preview show on Sunday so they're working the cast pretty hard to learn songs etc. One of the songs from the show will be recorded with a full live orchestra and may appear on somebody's forthcoming album.

He will also be recording a session and interview for Radio 2's Friday Night is Music Night show. At the moment, it's lined up to be broadcast on 25th July. More info here (soon) http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/fridaynight/ontheshow.shtml

Before he went to London, he had a photo shoot in Glasgow for the album. Naughty Keith leaked a picture onto his Face Book. Keith, if you read this: cock! The artwork for the album is just about finished as well. I was going to give you a wee teaser but I can't figure out how to do it so you'll just have to wait a wee bit longer.

The name of the album? We've picked a title but we're just waiting on confirmation from the label before we can let you know. However.... if we can use the title we have in mind, it'll please somebody on here as we picked it from the "Name the album" thread.

I think that's about your lot for this week.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:49 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:59 am

Bong...bong....bong... Here is the news:

Great reaction to the new pictures. It was a really good shoot and we'll get more up on the site soon. They will be available to buy from the photographer in the next week or so if anybody wants prints.

The website's getting a bit of a facelift this weekend so check back on Monday to see:

*** the artwork for the CD - including the name of the album ***

*** new pictures and layout ***

*** new clips of audio from the album ***

*** video footage from the recent Choices for Life events ***

In other news... Sorry I haven't replied to recent "Can I Have a Picture of Keith" requests. I only have signed flyers just now. HOWEVER... I got some really nice prints run off and I'll get them in the post as soon as I meet up with Keith to get them signed. We're both in London on Monday so if I meet him I'll get them signed then or next Saturday when he's at the Lauder event.

The Friday Night is Music Night session on Radio 2 has been confirmed for 25th July. I think its 4 or 5 songs with the BBC concert orchestra. Not to be missed.

A few people mentioning that Keith was supposed to be on holiday around now. Sadly for him, the rehearsals for Only the Brave were brought forward so he isn't getting a holiday. So I'm taking his holiday for him So you might not get a Wonky update next week but as I said, look out for the news on Monday.

Thats yer lot. See you in 2 weeks.

WJ
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:50 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:05 am

Back from my quick week off. Despite being ON HOLIDAY Keith managed to phone me around 10 times a day. My Mrs was delighted....

I met up with him briefly in London after he'd got me tickets for We Will Rock You. We went for a quick drink and a catch up in a bar with lots of mirrors and pink lighting! We'd been sitting there about 5 minutes when he was asked if he was single... by a big black guy call Jeff! I was tempted at this point to hold Keith's hand and scream... HE'S WITH ME BITCH but I wimped. Keith did text me on Wednesday to say he'd a hot date but I'm not sure if it was with big Jeff or not.

Anyway... NEWS:

Keith played the Lauder event yesterday. It was a bit cold and damp and there was only a couple of hundred there but it was a good night. Keith sang; Any Dream Will Do, If An Angel Falls From Heaven, This is the Moment, Empty Chairs and Tables, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, I Still Here Your Voice, Every Time I Look at You, You Raise Me Up and then played the duet track from the album which is....

Can It Be You - which he sings with Niamh in Only the Brave.

He then finished with a mass sing along version of Any Dream Will Do.

After Lauder, we went to The Jam House in Edinburgh to perform 2 songs "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "You Raise Me Up". We are hoping to put on an evening in The Jam House Edinburgh and Birmingham in September. News of that later.

Date for the album.... I know you're all waiting and so are we. We just need clearance from a publisher on one song and then we'll be able to get it out asap. Still looking at August though.

There may be a couple of changes but the songs that are on the album are:
(in no particular order)
1 Always on My Mind
2 Dare to Dream
3 Timeless
4 Everlasting Love
5 I’ll Always Hear Your Voice
6 Once a Stranger
7 Love is All Around
8 Open Arms
9 If an Angel Falls From Heaven
10 This Perfect Night
11 ‘Til We Get There
12 You Raise Me Up
13 Every Time I Look at You
14 Can it be You (duet with Niahm from I’d Do Anything) - from OTB

Its the last week of rehearsals for OTB this week back in Edinburgh. They went really well in London and keith can't wait to get started. In between rehearsals, Keith's going back into the studio this week to record a very special duet that would take a million guesses from you lot before you'd get who its with...

See ya.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:53 am

Don't know if you'd noticed but Keith can now update the website from his mobile. Its early days and it might look a bit messy just now but he basically sends a text and it appears on the HOME page.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:46 pm

I'll never understand these forum things. This is the second time I've wrote this....

Greetings from sunny Edinburgh:

The news you've all been waiting for; This Time is out 0n Monday 8th September. Its a couple of weeks later than we'd hoped due to a clearance issue with one of the tracks - which has now been resolved - so we missed our slot with Universal Music for distribution. The album will be ready a bit earlier though so we might be able to sell them online (CDs) a week or so before they go on sale in the shops.
There are songs written by Greg Friel, John McLaughlin (Westlife, Blue, Sandi Thom ect.). Steve Robson (Ivor Novello award fro "Shine" by Take That as well as writer for Il Divo), Dom Black (007), Kian Egan from Westlife(!) and co-writes from Keith.
Tour dates will be announced in the next week or 2. Should be 12 dates in total at venues across the country as well as various one off events (like this one http://www.feughfest.com/ )

Finally for now, Keith has knackered his ankle so he might be hobling about a bit at OTB. He fell off a donkey at Portobello beach yesterday while rehearsing for a new role in Shergar the Musical.

wj
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:51 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:52 am

I was SURE I had posted an update on here already but it seems to have vanished. So I've copied and pasted a quick updtae that I posted on DS and added a couple of other bits.
I'm afraid I don't have much new news at the moment. Keith's busy with OTB and we're busy gearing up for the release of the album and organising the tour. Just waiiting to confirm one or two venues before announcing it. The venues are all fairly small - 250 to 400 capacity. So it should be a nice relaxed evening with Keith. There's one or two in September and the rest are through October. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, London and then a few more remote towns.

The remote town include (at the moment and not confirmed yet) Carlisle, Chichester, Southend, Aberdeen, Pitlochry and a few others. We'e already having a re-think about the Edinburgh venue. It might be a bit special. And before you all start saying that its not fair that Edinburgh get EVERYTHING please bear in mind its his home town.

Now I've got good news and bad news. I always prefer to hear the bad news first so here's the bad news... It looks very likely that the album will be put back until the 15th September (blame i-tunes!). The good news is that we are hopefull of agreeing a deal with a newspaper to give away (free) 4 track samplers before that date and we SHOULD be able to sell them via the online shop at least one week before the 15th. On the week of release we are hoping to be doing a quick whistle stop tour to do in store performances and sign copies of the album. Probably just London, Mancheter Glasgow but we'll see...

The CD version (not the download) will contain the duet Can it Be You from OTB.

If you're at OTB, watch out for nice new Keith flyers.

SEND ME A KEITH PICTURE... Its getting embarrassing! Sorry I've not posted out pics. I'm a one man band at the moment and haven't had a chance to pin Keith down to sign a pile of pics yet.BUT I WILL DO...PROMISE!

Hadn't heard anything from Keith about the Last Choir thing. Doesn't mean it wont happen but if you're not a fan of the show, I'd check before sitting through it!

As has been mentioned in other threads, Keith will be performing with 2 or 3 other Josephs at Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's birthday bash. It will be broadcast on Radio 2.

Thats yer lot - its 4.48am and I'm off to bed.

wj
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:03 am

Yes, I know which newspaper it will PROBABLY be in. Should be able to confirm it on Monday. Its not a national newspaper but you'll be able to get it throughout the UK.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:20 pm

I've been receiving a few PMs asking for dates for the tour so they don't clash with holidays, nights out etc so here is the tour as it stands just now. I haven't included venues yet as there are still one or two boxes to be ticked before we get the tickets printed. But here goes....

LORDS, LADIES, GENTLEMEN AND CHILDREN OF ALL AGES. ROLL UP FOR THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.... KEITH'S COMING!!!

Aboyne 27/09/08
Inverness 28/09/08
Aberdeen 29/09/08
Pitlochry 30/09/08
Hawick 01/10/08
Edinburgh 05/10/08
Glasgow 09/10/08
Carlisle 11/10/08
Chichester 18/10/08
Hull New 20/10/08
Birmingham 23/10/08
Ipswich 25/10/08
London 27/10/08
Southend 28/10/08
Newcastle 30/10/08
Liverpool TBC
Leeds TBC

Tickets should be priced around £12 adults and £8 concessions

Last edited by Wonky Johnny on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:52 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:58 am

Greetings:

A couple of extra shows added in Blackpool and Manchester and the Southend and Liverpool dates have swapped round. Doesn't look like he'll be going to Leeds this time round though. Here's the latest dates:

Aboyne 27/09/08
Inverness 28/09/08
Aberdeen 29/09/08
Pitlochry 30/09/08
Hawick 01/10/08
Edinburgh 05/10/08
Glasgow 09/10/08
Carlisle 11/10/08
Chichester 18/10/08
Hull New 20/10/08
Manchester 21/10/08
Birmingham 23/10/08
Ipswich 25/10/08
London 27/10/08
Liverpool 28/10/08
Southend 29/10/08
Newcastle 30/10/08

Looks like the tickets will be sold either at the venue or through Ticketmaster. Both will charge around £1.50 booking fee.

There's also a free Glasgow gig in George Square at 1pm on 13th Sep. Nothing confirmed yet but Keith will hopefully be doing a retail tour on the week of release:
Mon - London
Tue - Bristol
Wed - Manchester
Thu - Glasgow
Fri - Edinburgh
Singing 4 songs and signing albums. Should have this confirmed in next couple of days.

Release confirmed for 15th on i-tunes etc.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:52 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:17 pm

alices-are-sweet wrote:
Thanks for the update , Im a bit confused about this bit though !

Wonky Johnny wrote:

There's also a free Glasgow gig in George Square at 1pm on 13th Sep. Nothing confirmed yet but Keith will hopefully be doing a retail tour on the week of release:
Mon - London
Tue - Bristol
Wed - Manchester
Thu - Glasgow
Fri - Edinburgh

The album comes out on Monday 15th September. To promote the album, he will be appearing in music stores all that week.

Hope that helps.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:53 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Keith was on Radio Scotland this lunchtime. Here's the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d1sc3/
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:31 pm

VENUE and TICKET INFO:

Tickets for Keith's tour will be available exclusively through Ticket Master from Friday 22nd August at 9am. Any remaining tickets will be sold from the venue nearer the date.

Prices are £12 for adults and £8 for OAPS, under 16's, students, disabled. Ticket Master will add a booking fee to this of around £1.50 per ticket.

The only date which WILL NOT be sold through Ticket Master (at the moment) is Manchester. Info on Manchester will be posted in the next day or so.

So here are the dates: (some may have changed since I first posted so double check).

Keith Jack’s UK Tour 2008

Aboyne Deeside Theatre 27/09/08
Inverness Eden Court 28/09/08
Aberdeen Arts Centre 29/09/08
Pitlochry Town Hall 30/09/08
Hawick Beanscene Auditorium 01/10/08
Edinburgh Lycium Theartre 05/10/08
Glasgow Classic Grand 09/10/08
Carlisle Swallow Hotel 11/10/08
Chichester The Venue 18/10/08
London Courtyard Theatre 20/10/08
Manchester TBC 21/10/08
Birmingham Custard Factory 23/10/08
Blackpool Horseshoe Theatre 24/10/08
Ipswich Northgate Arts Centre 25/10/08
London Courtyard Theatre 20/10/08
Hull New Theatre West Gallery 27/10/08
Liverpool The Bluecoat TBC 28/10/08
Southend New Empire Theatre 29/10/08
Newcastle Arts Centre 30/10/08

Adverts won't be going in press until a week on Sunday so tickets should be readily available until at least then.

The album will be available at the venues as well as some merchandise. I've saw the new t-shirts and they look GREAT!

Support will come from up and coming singer Francesca Kimberley and a few special guest who will appear at some of the venues.
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Link for tickets http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=xxx&query=schedule&promoter=pdfproductions

Full info on tickets should now be on the APPEARANCES page of www.keithjack.com
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:54 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:08 am

Ticket Web dont seem to be selling Edinburgh tickets at the moment. They are awaiting details from the venue. Bit of a cock up but should be sorted for Monday.
Dont panic though as there are plenty of seats and there has been ZERO advertising of the event. If it sells out in the first week, we'll put on a second night!
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:54 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:02 am

Yes they are all seated. The venues are generally quite small so there aren't really any bad seats but if you want a front row seat then you'll need to camp outside the venue for WEEKS!!

The only venue that MIGHT NOT be general admission is Edinburgh. We are waiting to hear and that's why they didn't go on sale this morning.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:55 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:42 pm

*****Just a reminder that tickets are for sale via Ticket Web ONLY at the moment and NOT the venues.*****
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:55 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Just a quick one to say that I have a pair of tickets for Feugh Festival in Banchory this Saturday. If anybody can use them please let me know and you can have them. first PM gets 'em.

Remember its only if you can actually get there!
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:56 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:33 am

Greetings. It's been a very busy week behind the scenes. The album was sold into the shops this week and has amazed everybody how well it's done. So well that we had to more than double what we had originally manufactured. There is a SUGGESTION that the album MIGHT get put back to the 22nd due to the higher than expected presales but we'll know better on Monday. I know this would be frustrating for you but even Keith thinks 22nd would be better. It's not quite as easy as saying "put it back a week" but we'll know on Monday what's happening.

The tour is selling well with Liverpool, Birmingham and Edinburgh being the busiest so far. The Scottish (and Carlisle and Newcastle) gigs are being advertised in The Sunday Mail in Scotland this week. There's a tiny ad going into the Sunday Times the following week and a large ad in The Sunday Times the week after so I'd say you'll have another week or so before the tickets really start to sell.

The in-store tour: We had planned to do this in a certain chain of stores, however a different chain put in a very large order for Keith's CDs so we're changing to support that company. It should be sorted and confirmed by the middle of next week.

Keith's back in the studio all next week to start rehearsing for the tour. I've seen the set list and there's something for every one. Songs from the album, songs from the show, some musical numbers and a couple of interesting covers.

And while he's in the studio next week, Keith will record - at last - his part of the infamous duet that I've been teasing you with..... watch out for it sneaking its way on to You Tube soon!

And finally.... I need a new boiler! Best part of £3k for a new one
This album better be a seller!!
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Keith sang 7 tracks at Feugh Fest today. A couple of minor blips in the running order and the on-stage sound but he went down well. Darren took some pics and a bit of video which he'll post up tomorrow.

New boiler ordered.
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Admin on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:16 pm

you can find all Keith's tour stuff/appearances live at www.tour.keithjack.com

It'll be on the official site soon too....

With any luck Keith will be updating this live section a lot... if he doesn't I'll poke him!
Admin
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 pm

by Admin on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:05 pm

you'll need to update to the latest version of flash... it's not on youtube!

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:57 pm

by Admin on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:39 pm

quick player is another program for watching videos on the internet just try that?!
Admin
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:35 am

Just a quick one to say that the album will now be released

22nd September 2008

A retail tour will hopefully be squeezed in that week just before the tour kicks off.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next