Keith Jack Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonky's Weekly Update....

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wonky's Weekly Update.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonky's Weekly Update....

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Update...update...udate...update....

First the bad news: Manchester has been pulled from the tour. We have had 2 venues pull out and despite our best efforts to find a replacement, we couldn't get anything to suit. So I'm afraid the Mancs will have to brave a night out with their friendly neighbours in Liverpool. Or make a night of it and head up to Blackpool.

The retail tour is shaping up. The week of release will see Keith perform in Tesco's across Scotland and then he'll be doing more throughout England during the tour.

Sep 22 Dalkeith am / Hermiston Gait pm
Sep 23 Wishaw am / Alloa pm
Sep 24 Aberdeen tbc
Sep 25 Springburn am / Silverburn pm (both Glasgow)
Sep 26 Perth am Dundee pm
Sep 27 Elgin am

It made more sense to start the retail tour in Scotland as he'd to be in Aberdeen for a Peter Pan press call on 24th and Glasgow for a Breast Charity event on 25th.

However, Tesco have been very supportive and will assist plans for the tour to hit some stores in England as well.

That's yer lot.

Oh and Keith & Kylie are in the top 40 You Tube music chart.
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:01 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:36 am

The only real bit of news I have is that unfortunately we WONT be able to sell the album from the website until AFTER the release date. We really had wanted to but the orders we got in from the stores took us by surprise and even though we then went and pressed double what we had originally manufactured, we still didn't have enough to sell the through the website until we do another run. But we will have them for sale at all the venues and - all being well - you'll be able to get them signed by Keith after the show.

Thats yer lot for now.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:01 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 am

Good morning...

Just a quick one before we head off for today's adventures:
An interview on Central FM (pre-record for tomorrow morning) and then off to Tesco Wishaw and Alloa later on.

Yesterday was good fun. I was working in Aberdeen til 3am on Sunday and Keith called at 2am to say he couldn't get to sleep. I suggested he stick "Timeless" on as that does it for me! (not my favourite on the album).

Met Keith at Radio Forth and he did the breakfast show then back to Keith's for a cuppa before heading to Tesco Dalkeith. It was like walking into your 21st only in a supermarket! All his family were there as well as a healthy crowd. It was the furst time Keith had spotted his album on the shelves so he was rightly chuffed.

Back to mine for lunch and then to Tesco at Hermiston Gate. The store has only been opened 2 weeks and it was pretty quiet but by time he sang there was a a few there.

A good start to the week. He has 14 performances this week alone. Busy busy.
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:02 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by silverprincess
i have had a look but cant seem to find anything, the mid week chart should be out tomorrow... do we have any info?

Its doing well but please don't expect to see it (or be disappointed) when it doesn't appear in the top 40. The aim is to sell a steady stream of the album over the next 3 months rather than put all our efforts into a chart position. That's why we've not been out of Scotland this week. First couple of weeks will be spent promoting the album up here and then we'll head south. So far this week, Keith's been on (or about to be on) Radio Forth Am, Forth 1FM, Central FM, Northsound 1, Tay FM, Clyde1 and Clyde 2. As well as features in most papers up here (Daily Record tomorrow and Friday). If we can do the same down in England and Wales we'll be doing well. In the meantime, it doesn't hurt if you email Radio 2 etc asking to hear some Keith tunes. Many or most of the djs at Radio 2 have the album.

It looks like the label want to pick a single from the album for release early in November. Possibly "Til We Get There" as its the most radio friendly. This will allow them more time to organize tv appearances etc. The "b-side" MIGHT be the Kylie track (new and improved version) or one just like it!

Keith will also be appearing and singing on Songs of Praise in November. The show's being recorded in Sunderland on 3rd November. And we'll let you know where he is spending Guy Fawkes night soon as well.

Tomorrow's shaping up to be the maddest yet... Tesco Springburn, Radio Clyde, Daily Record podcast, Tesco Silverburn, sound check at charity event 1, sound check at charity event 2, posh nosh dinner, performance 1, jump in a taxi to performance 2, back in the taxi to the first place in time for the auction. Keith's in Aberdeen just now and when he's driving home, I'm driving up! Another late night / early start for me. It just as well Im so young and fit to cope.

WJ
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:03 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Keith will be on BBC Breakfast news on Wednesday 8th October sometime after 8am. Set your alarm clocks!

We are in late talks with a production company regarding the filming of this Sunday's gig in Edinburgh. DVD before Christmas? Its looking good!

Last nights tour report:
A mixed evening....

I was running a bit late on the way to Pitlochry so by time i got there, Keith was just about to go on. The people downstairs probably didn't even notice that the balcony was full!!

It was disappointing that the turnout was so low. The reason we've pickeda few places off the beaten track is because we wanted to take Keith to places that other artists don't go: Chichester, Carlisle, Ipswich, Hull etc. But maybe they don't go for a reason. The locals pointed out that we'd picked the quietest time of the year - summer season finished and too early for the winter season. Its to snow there before the weekend!

So it was a bit subdued but Keith and Greg put on a fine performance although Keith's not talking to me because I nipped out to find a restaurant that would be open at 10pm. An Indian or the BP garage was the choice.

We all went for a curry (Keith doesn't do spicy though so he had chicken nuggets and chips from the kids / European menu.

Left Pitlochry at around midnight and I'd had a good night until.....

Caught speeding on the way home. 94mph in a 70mph Another few points on the license.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Tesco in Hexam confirmed for 4pm on Friday 10th October.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Just a quick note to confirm that Keith will be performing 2 half hour sets at M&D's theme park in Strathclyde Park (near Glasgow) from 13th to 17th October. Times to be confirmed but likely to be at 12.30 til 1pm and then 2pm - 2.30pm. As far as I know, its free to get in.

more info here: http://www.scotlandsthemepark.com/parkinfo/events.html
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Evening....

Our quick dash to London went well. We managed to get to the airport in plenty time and yet we were the last to get on the plane.

Got to London and it felt like we'd got off the plane in Spain as it was so much warmer than Edinburgh. We checked into the hotel dumped our stuff and headed in search of streets paved with gold.

We didn't find any shiney pavements but we found a nice Italian that served cool Peroni on tap. Calamari, garlic pizzetta, carbonara, penne salmone, ice cream, panacotta and 4 beers later, we headed back to the hotel.

We'd an early night. I watched Bring Back Star Wars and went to bed. Keith called me at 7 saying he was starving so we grabbed breakfast before we got picked up and taken to the BBC. At first we were in a room with loads of economic experts and the shadow chancellor. They looked like the end of the world was near. We got ushered into a smart dressing room and then Keith got called to make up (just lipstick and blusher). I watched the interview on the dressing room tv. It all went well and we got a lift back to the hotel. Grabbed our stuff and headed to the airport. Once again, we got there 3 hours befor the plane was due to leave but we were last at the gate. Too many shops!

Peter came to pick us up and I got dropped off home. Peter and Keith were going to Glasgow to see the venue for tomorrow (almost sold out) and then there's a rehearsal with a local choir for the gig tomorrow.

I'm now off to Aberdeen. Back at 4.....long day for everybody!

J

PS for those going tomorrow to Glasgow - its looking like a busy one and it will be mostly standing. Peter MIGHT be able to reserve seats so it might be worth emailing him at peter@pdfproductions.co.uk if you want a seat.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:21 am

The competition will close on 1st December 2008 so you've still time to enter. (See the first page of www.keithjack.com)

Here's a quick report from yesterday:
I was supposed to be picking Keith up from the station near me at 11 but he appeared at my house at about 10.45am. He's missed his bus / train so got a taxi to mine :rolleyes: (its about 25 miles!)

We arrived at M&D's and it was so deserted, it looked like something out of Scooby Doo. Anyway, we checked in with the sound guys and went for a coffee and bacon butty. As usual, despite being there in plenty of time, we were almost late getting back to the stage - too many amusements.

He sang 6 songs which seemed to please the man and dog! The sound was quite good and it managed to stay dry - just. We then went for a couple of games of pool (Keith would probably like me to tell you he won 2 frames to 1. Tamlin's kids MADE me miss a shot on the black!). I got my own back on a driving game and the basketball was a draw (to me).

Same 6 songs as the first set - due to a broken CD player and then we had to go to Fife to visit a Youth Theatre Project. The kids (about 50 12-16 year olds) didn't know Keith was coming so it was a nice surprise. He joined in with some of the workshops and gave the kids a treat of singing "You Raise Me Up" with a pianist accompanying him. All in all it was a pretty good day.

News of the single to follow....
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:05 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:25 pm

News:

We've had a change of heart...
We've decided not to release "Til We Get There" as a single in November.

Instead...
We're putting out a Chrsitmas e.p. which will include a new version of "If An Angel Falls From Heaven". There will be 3 other tracks on the e.p. which will be brand new.

As usual, its a mad rush to get it recorded (this week), mixed, mastered, artwork done (while Keith's on tour), record the video first 3 days he gets back.

In other news...
Looks like the Tesco tour is back on but I'll let you know
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:19 am

Mini report:

Team K&J thrashed team P&D at Crazy Golf yesterday. So far this week, Peter has failed to win in any of the following Olympic events: pool, crazy golf, basketball, Daytona USA (driving), ten pin bowling, air hockey, boxing ball and the crane!

He's going to have to shape up if he's to be considered for 2012.

Last M&D's today and then its off to the studio to record one of the new songs for the Christmas e.p. (out 8th December). Leaving Glasgow at 7ish and heading for an overnight in Birmingham(ish) before arriving in Chichester tomorrow afternoon. I'm not going but the inlaws will be, so make plenty of noise if your going tomorrow night.

J
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Evening,

Just a quick one to say that Keith wont be doing any of the Tesco stores we had hoped to do in England. Long story but I think you know the issues....
We'll get something else sorted out asap
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:06 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:45 pm

We heard about this today: http://www.southendstandard.co.uk/news/echo/3778858.Bailiffs_close_Southend_New_Empire_Theatre/

The company are hopeful of sorting things out by tomorrow.

In the meantime, we are looking at alternative venues just in case.

If for any reason, Keith can't play in Southend, we will refund any ticket money.

Stay tuned!!
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:30 am

It looks like Southend's sorted. We are still waiting to hear from the theatre but we now have an alternative venue on reserve so the show will go on. We'll confirm the venue in the next day or so.

Next....
Fancy starring in the video for "If An Angel Falls From Heaven" as Keith's girlfriend? The Sunday Mail (not to be confused with The Mail on Sunday) will be running a competition this Sunday to find that special someone. The competition will be online as well as in the newspaper so I'll get a link up on Monday. Must be over 16 and younger that Grandma Smith! Video will be filmed on 7th - 9th November.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:19 pm

NEW VENUE FOR SOUTHEND!!

There's been a change of venue for Southend. Keith will now be appearing at The West Cliff Hotel instead of the New Empire due to circumstances outwith our control. All original tickets will still be valid and the date remains the same.

Venue: http://www.activehotels.com/wl/servlet/xmlbrochure/index.do?hotelid=103026&trkref=KWN
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:07 pm

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:36 pm

2 new audio clips added to the site. Christmas mix of "If An Angel..." and "All I Want Is You".
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:32 pm

******** Urgent *********

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIRMINGHAM EVENT TONIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!

More to follow.
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

by Wonky Johnny on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Sunday Mail Video Competition....

Be Keith's girlfriend for a day!

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/keithjack/
demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by demonllama Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:08 pm

by Wonky Johnny Yesterday at 1:51 pm

As another post has already mentioned, Keith will be performing at the Falkirk Fireworks Display on 5th November. The MacDonald Brothers will be there as well. Its normally packed (around 30,000 people) so it should be a good night for anybody that can make it along. More details here http://www.centralfm.co.uk/news/138016.html

And Keith will also be performing (2 songs) at the Christmas Lights Switch on Event in Prince's Street, Edinburgh on 27th November. More details here http://www.edinburghschristmas.com/
Wonky Johnny
Admin

demonllama
demonllama
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:29 am

The video competition:

The winner was picked today. It only took us 6 hours!

Here's how it went:
I picked my favourite 6. Debs the press woman picked her top 6. Keith picked his top 6. Peter picked his top 6.
There was nobody that made everybody's top 6!
So we went throught the top 100 again and came up with the top 7 or 8 that we all agreed on. We then phoned a few for more info, more pics and to see if they'd be available.
5 hours later, we'd narrowed it down to just 2. We couldn't decide so we put it back to the Sunday Mail and they picked the winner!

The winner has already had a call from us but it will be confirmed tomorrow and announced on here.

J

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:19 pm

The video will not be ready for another 2 WEEKS!

It might mean you have to wait another week to get the Lyceum dvd but it means we can add If An Angel vid and some behind the scene gubbins on it so it'll be worth the wait.

In one scene....
Natalie and Keith were having a domestic, which ends in Natalie slapping Keith as hard as she can. She got it right on take 9!!! OUCH Smile

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 am

Keith was presenting an award at Forth 1 FM's annual awards bash this afternoon.
The start of the show went as follows:

Grant Stott (Forth 1 presenter and brother of Ex Blue Peter's John Leslie) says he's going to start with a song. He gets to the first line of Any Dream Will Do and Keith runs on and tells him to stop. He's going to sing it instead. Grant goes off stage, Keith starts into ADWD and then hear's "STOP! I want to sing that song" ... and on walks

Jason Donovan! A good time had by all. It might be on their website today or tomorrow.

He's got a day off tomorrow, then 2 charity gigs (Children in Need and Marie Curie) on Friday, a charity gig on Sat and one on Sunday. Does a lot for charitydoesn't like to talk about it bla bla bla.....

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 am

Got my first look of the video this afternoon. It looks good but they didn't put the slap scene in! So Keith got battered for nothing Smile

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:06 am

Quick update.....

Keith performed at Woodfarm High School in Glasgow as part of their fundraising for Children in Need. By time we left they had raised over £2000.
We had hoped to be able to do something on BBC Scotland's Children in Need programme but the times clashed with another charity gig that we had in the diary in Dundee for Marie Curie.
He's staying in Dundee tonight and then flying down south to do another charity bash on Saturday night. Back up the road to do another one in Glasgow on Sunday.
Don't forget he'll be doing 2 songs at the Christmas Lights switch on event in Prince's Street Gardens Edinburgh on 27th November http://www.edinburghschristmas.com/events/light-night

Last chance to see him this year before the panto season!

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:29 pm

Keith will be donating ALL profits from the forthcoming single "If An Angel Falls From Heaven" to The Variety Club.

The Variety Club helps to improve the lives of sick, disabled and disadvantaged children and Keith is delighted to be lending his support to help the lives of children who haven’t had the opportunities in life that he has.

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next