Keith Jack Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonky's Weekly Update....

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wonky's Weekly Update.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonky's Weekly Update....

Post by Wonky Johnny Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:23 am

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:43 am

Another one for those north of the border....

Look out for tv adverts on STV next week. Mainly during the day. Post up if /when you spot them. We'll get the ad up on You Tube.

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Keith will not be appearing at the Edinburgh Christmas Lights switch on due to unforseen circumstances. Apologies to anybody who was making the trip to see him.

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi All

Karla - supported Keith on tour - is currently in the final of an online competition with the Sun newspaper. The voting is online only and I would be really grateful if you would click on the link below and vote for her. Her video is Footprints in the Sand and she is number two in the voting order. Could you please vote for her and also forward the link to as many of your contacts as you can and ask them to vote too. It doesn't cost anything to vote and would be a huge help. There is a first prize of £10,000 so you will understand why I'm trying to drum up as much support as possible!

Thanks very much for your help

Frank

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article1978759.ece

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:34 am

If you're sitting at work, in the house etc and you're feeling bored, you could maybe do us a wee favour:

Zap off a quick email to your local radio station and ask them to play the single - most of them should have it by now. Maybe remind them that its for a good cause (Variety Club).

I've left some dvd news on the dvd thread.

Cheers

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:27 am

Its been a while...

I went to see the panto last night. I didn't get there until 20 past 7 so I missed the start. I liked it but thought that they could have got a few more songs out of Keith rather than the "Ken Ken" scene.

Looking ahead to next year, I'm hoping that its just as busy (or even busier) than this year. So expect another album, another tour, a guest appearance on somebody elses tour, possibly a touring production of a West End musical, possibly a new reallity tv show.

Not hearing Keith on the radio or seeing him on TV is frustrating for me as well but not at all surprising. As a few have pointed out, Keith is here for the long haul and wont fade away when the next round of X Factor comes along.

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year,

J

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:44 am

Good morning and Happy New Year!

There seems to be a lot of Southern Shandy drinkers moaning about the recent cold snap. What a shower of girls blouses!

Well now that the festives are over its back to work. Plenty of things lined up for the first few months of the year and we'll update Keith's website in the next few days with his latest gubbins. He'll be back in the studio late January and we'll look at getting some new music out in the first half of the year. The reality tv thing that I hinted at a while ago is still being discussed but there are a few hurdles to get over first and it would be late '09 before it gets aired - if it goes ahead so dont hold your breath on that one.

Still talking to one or two people about tour support slots for the spring and a solo tour should be around late summer. I know that Keith's got one or two auditions for musicals coming up as well so fingers crossed for that.

Meeting Mr Jack today for a catch up as I've not really saw much of him since about November. He's buying lunch (good news) but he's on a New Year health kick so it'll be somewhere healthy (bad news).

Apologies about the cock up with the dvds. For the second time in 6 months, a supplier we use has went under - 3 if you include Zavvi having a few thousand Keith cds. We hadn't parted with any money so we didn't loose anything but time. And Royal Mail don't seem to have helped either. Hopefully all the orders will be sorted this week.

Thats my lot for now. I'm off to take my daughter to see some horses - or "hoshees" as she calls them - before we go to Teddy Bear House.

WJ

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:52 am

Greetings.

Just a very quick update on Mr Jack:

Keith will be in the studio in the next few weeks to record his next album. It will be a collection of songs from the West End. We're still working on the tracklisting so if you have any suggestions then stick them on the forum.

The album will be released early summer and a tour will follow.

It looks like Keith will also be doing the Choices for Life event in Scotland so if you're in a Scottish primary school you might see him in May!

Various one off performances will be posted up on the site as well.

J

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri May 01, 2009 4:46 am

Greetings.....

Its been a while so I thought I'd pop on for a quick update:

Work has now finally started on Keith's next album. It will be a selection of songs from the musicals. Some classics; Les Mis, Phantom and some new; Wicked, We Will Rock You. The final touches are being put together for a 12 date tour in September and October. Bigger and better than the last tour and no date in Pitlochry this time.

You'll also be able to hear Keith back on Radio 2's Friday Night Music Night programme in June. I'll get details of this when it's all confirmed as their may be tickets availble for the recording.

The end of year panto offers have been flying in to his agents office but there might be something more interesting in the pipeline. Watch this space!

So next week sees the start of a very busy spell. The Choices for Life gigs in front of 10,000 screaming kids each day and then off to record his parts for the album. As a wee teaser, each week - when I remember - I'm going to post the name of one track from the album. So by time its about to be released, you'll have a full tracklisting of the album. So here's your first:

Can You Feel the Love Tonight

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri May 08, 2009 9:00 am

The first week of Choices for Life gigs have went well. Just under 10,000 at each gig so it was pretty deafening - hello if you were there.

Keith was going to be singing This is the Moment (Wicked) and We're All in This Together (High School Musical) but the lights apparently had been programmed for You Raise Me Up so he went with that for Glasgow but we might chop it about for the rest of the tour.

So the next song I can reveal for the album is.....

We're All in This Together (High School Musical)

More next week.

WJ

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri May 15, 2009 8:53 am

An exciting week for Mr Jack as he passed his driving test on Monday morning before jumping on the train to Aberdeen for the next leg of the Choices tour. I gave him a shot of my car and despite nearly wiping us both out at the first roundabout, he did very well.

Edinburgh next week and both shows are close to capacity of around 9,500.

Next song for the album....

This Is the Moment (from Jekyll and Hyde)

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 am

Good morning,

That's the Choices for Life tour finished for another year. 55,000 primary 7s doing their best to deafen us with the noise they all made. Great gigs and good to catch up with some of the same faces from last year.

Back to business of getting the album recorded and the next TWO songs that I can reveal are:

Any Dream Will Do - it had to be there really!
Maria from Westside Story

Have a good weekend,

WJ

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:27 am

Although its not been announced officially yet, it seems that a few people have found a link to Keith playing Aladinn at The Kings Theatre in Glasgow this year. I'm sure it will be great as its probably regarded as one of the biggest and best pantos in the country and he'll be playing alongside Karen Dunbar and Gerard Kelly. We'll get the press pics up on the site next week.

While i'm in a good mood here's another for the album list:

We're All in This Together
This Is the Moment
Any Dream will do
Maria
Why God

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:08 am

Hi folks, sad news about Jacko today. The guy had his issues but a genius none the less.

As Peter mentioned elsewhere, we hope to announce the tour dates and ticket details at the start of the week - just one or 2 wee things to iron out but its almost there.

Don't forget Keith's performing on Radio 2 this evening from 7.30pm. He'll be performing 2 songs from his next album.

And talking of the new album.... here's the latest addition:

We're All in This Together
This Is the Moment
Any Dream will do
Maria
Why God
You'll Never Walk Alone

Speak soon,

WJ

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:41 am

Sorry for the delay....

We're just waitng on TicketWeb updating things at their end before we announce the tour dates. It'll definately be sorted this week.

At the moment there are only 2 dates in England, so don't be too upset if he's not coming to a town near you. Depending on tickets sales and finding a suitable venue and dates we may add more dates or extra nights.

A different agent is also booking Keith for a tour in February 2010. The dates and venues for that tour wont be confirmed until after this tour - legal gubbins!

WJ

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:13 am

Hello! It's been a few weeks since I posted. Its been a bit hectic. Nothing much happens for months and then it all comes at once and there isn't enough hours in the day to get it all done. Good news and not so good news for you....

Good news is that the tour is really looking good. I was at the final rehearsal yesterday and it was coming together well - only one or two "it'll be alright on the night" moments. There seems to be a cast of thousands with Keith being joined on stage by 5 other singers, a choir and 4 dancers at each venue. Add on the sound guy, the lighting guy, Peter and the odd hanger on and its shaping up to be busier than Pitlochry last year! Smile

The not so good news is that the album isn't quite finished which is a bit of a disaster as we'd obviously wanted it to be available on the tour. There are 2 songs still to be finished- at the last count - and we're hoping to get them done next week when Keith gets back from Darlington. So fingers crossed, the album should be ready for the Scottish dates. It'll be on i-tunes etc around the end of October or very early November.

One thing to remember if you're going to any of the tour dates is that there is no support act so don't come wandering in late.

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:11 am

Its been a while. Hope you're all well and those that have been to see the musicals tour have enjoyed it. Here's the final track listing for the album out soon-ish....

A Night at the Musicals with Keith Jack

1. We’re All in This Together – High School Musical
2. Dancing Through Life Any Dream Will Do – Wicked
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Lion King
4. Bring Him Home – Les Miserables
5. Maria – West Side Story
6. All I Ask of You – Phantom of the Opera
7. I Want to Break Free – We Will Rock You
8. You’ll Never Walk Alone – Carousel
9. This is The Moment – Jekyll and Hyde
10. As Long as You’re Mine – Wicked
11. Any Dream Will Do – Joseph
12. Anthem – Chess
13. Music of the Night - Phantom
14. A Whole New World – Aladdin

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:09 am

After a few hiccups and hold ups its here at last;

An Evening at the Musicals with Keith Jack

Released on i-tunes and all good download stores on 7th December
On CD from keithjack.com on the same day.
Play.com, Amazon etc will be from the 15th December.
At the moment there are no plans to release the album through the high street / retail outlets such as HMV, Tesco etc. Keith will be signing copies during his appearance as Aladdin in panto and we might put a wee store together in Scotland (can't travel too far from panto hq).

The tour was such a success that plans are afoot to add a number of dates in the spring of 2010.

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonky Johnny Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 am

A wee taster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeDaNdSTNLg

and seeing as you've been patient here's another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHDCPZEQr3g

I'm sh*t at this uploading stuff so the sound quality isn't great but you'll get the idea. Smile

wj

Wonky Johnny
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3